Best Linux Email Server with Anti spam & Antivirus
Exim Email Server
Exim is a feature-rich mail server used on many Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and BSD. It also provides efficient cross-platform support which makes it a perfect choice for mail servers that need to be diverse and handle a large number of requests. Being written entirely in C, Exim offers excellent performance and works great even in legacy systems. Moreover, the development team rolls out frequent updates and takes care of bug fixes very well.
Features of Exim
- Exim is arguably among the best mail transfer agents when it comes to customization and configuration abilities.
- It features three different log mechanisms for preventing email spamming, namely the main log, panic log, and reject log.
- Exim comes with pre-built support for a wide range of database management systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Oracle DB, and Redis.
- The GNU GPL license featured by this Linux mail server allows admins to modify the software based on their requirements freely.
Postfix Email Server
Postfix is an immensely powerful open source mail server that can be used for routing and delivering e-mails. It offers a robust set of useful features, including junk mail control, database support, convenient log managements alongside many others. According to a recent study, more than 30% of the publicly reachable mail servers in the world run Postfix. So there is plenty of useful documentation available that can help users adapt much faster.
Features of Postfix
- Postfix implements top-notch defense mechanisms against spambots and malware, while also allowing admins to leverage additional software for filtering.
- It comes pre-packed with a powerful content filter, access control mechanism, virtual domain support, configurable status notifications, and many more.
- It offers quite superior performance, clocking over 300 e-mail deliveries per second from a single Postfix instance.
- This Linux mail server supports many standard databases, including MySQL, Memcache, SQLite, PostgreSQL, LDAP, CDB, and Berkely Database.
Zimbra Email Server
Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) is an open source software framework which provides a powerful yet efficient mail server for Linux users. It offers a robust set of additional features, including group calendars, and document sharing with flexible tooltips, drag-and-drop items, and convenient UI menus. Zimbra ships ready for both private and public cloud and provides and also offers an innovative mobile web client application. They also provide an immensely powerful closed-source enterprise edition.
Features of Zimbra Email Server
- Zimbra offers real-time backup and restoring capabilities which allows enterprises to focus more on their services rather than security.
- The robust one-click disaster recovery feature makes it very easy to restore sensitive information in case of any server failure.
- Zimbra comes with powerful migration tools that make transferring messages effortless and efficient.
- It allows admins to schedule emails conveniently by using filters like future date, time, and even time zone.
- The robust web administration console provided by this Linux email server makes managing your requests hassle-free.